Today I've been working on the next major release of ObjectHandles. Below is an example showing off some of the new features. I'm most excited about the enhanced rotation support. This new version is focused on making a version that will easily work with MVC frameworks like Moccasin. Some of the changes include:
- You no longer have to re-parent your components.
- What and where handles appear is now completely configurable
- ObjectHandles modifies your data object instead of moving a component around (there's 3 example visual components / data models in the source)
- Optionally, object handles won't swallow all of your mouse events.
- Will now work with non-flex components (still requires Flex SDK to compile, I have to look into that)
- Rotation support is completely smooth
- Configurable constraints/rules system
- Smaller, cleaner code base!
Click to see the early proof of concept of it working within Mocassin.
ObjectHandles is a library to easily add graphical move/resize user gestures to a Flex based application.
[kmlflashembed fversion="8.0.0" movie="/uploads/ohv2/ObjectHandles2Example.swf" targetclass="flashmovie" publishmethod="static" width="700" height="700" fvars="undefined"]