I'm working on a spreadsheet like component for AgileAgenda that I might end up turning into a general-purpose flex component at some point.
It has a couple advantages over the Flex DataGrid class including:
- Focused on data entry instead of data display.
- Full keyboard navigation
- Arrow or tab keys to move between cells
- When editing a cell, arrows move cursor instead of cells
- "Placeholder" rows.
- Automatically created as they're needed.
- Dimmed out rows that aren't in the dataprovider until they're edited.
- Uses a IFactory to create your value objects on the fly so you get any field validation that your value object implements.
- You can partition your data for display any way you like, independent of how it's stored.
- Each partition can have different default values for fields.
- A row can be in 1 or more partitions.
- Comes standard just by specifying a list of possible values.
- Custom item renderers/editors
- Enhanced functionality if your editor implements a special interface, but that isn't required.
- Full sorting of columns (without modifying the underlying data).
- Multi-cell selection and editing capabilities
- Copy/Paste multiple cells
- Clear multiple cells at once
(Edit, changed URL of demo movie since my Jing quota is quickly approaching)