In a previous post I mentioned my frustrations with MS Project and my desire to create a better alternative. That alternative is nearly to the point where I can start using it (it still needs work until I'd share it with others).
But to really make it better than MS Project, it needs to be able to answer common questions I get from producers/managers/clients. Here's my short list:
- When will the project be completed?
- What is person X working on now, and working on next?
- What tasks are ahead of schedule?
- What tasks are behind schedule?
- What is the next milestone, what features will it have in it, and when is it going to be ready?
If we add another person, what will that do to the schedule?
Help me out and post other common questions you might get about a project you're managing (or working on) that scheduling software should be able to help you with.
Here's a screenshot of the latest version: